diff. between 9.3.2 and 9.2.6

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Fri Jul 28 19:08:40 UTC 2006

Since your configuration worked with 9.2.6, the only thing I know of
that would cause 9.3.2 to fail, given the exact same command line
parameters as you used with 9.2.6, is that 9.3 re-implements syntax
checking. So if you, for example, used an underscore in any of your
zones, or any other invalid character, BIND 9.2 wouldn't mind, but
9.3 would.

To easily test this, add the following substatement to your options
statement:

	check-names master warn;

Then see if version 9.3.2 will start.

Chris Buxton