Using views with multiple domains

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jun 1 04:17:37 UTC 2006

In article <e5kfv1$25mi$1 at sf1.isc.org>, jonr at destar.net wrote:

> Can multiple domains be put into one 'view' or do I need to have a view for
> each
> domain?

If you put them in different views, how could it possibly work?  BIND
only uses the first view where the match-clients clause matches.

Maybe your problem is that you didn't put the views in the correct
order.  If you have a view with "match-clients { any; }" ahead of one
with a more specific match-clients option, the second view will never be
used.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA