Secure Dynamic Update with TSIG on Windows clients?

Ralf Durkee rd at rd1.net
Mon Jun 19 20:19:05 UTC 2006

The recommended solution is to use a TSIG compliant DHCP server on a
Unix/Linux system and have the DHCP server send TSIG signed updates.
ISC.org also provides an open source DHCP server.  :-) You also should
limit the updates to a specific sub-domain, so that the ACLs and
directory permissions can be minimal. There's some security
configuration recommendations for signed updates in the Center for
Internet Security BIND 9 benchmark.  See www.cisecurity.org  for
details.  (I was the editor for the benchmark)

-- Ralf Durkee, CISSP, GSEC, GCIH
Principal Security Consultant
http://rd1.net