Update between primary and secondary DNS server

Michel DUBOIS mdubois at mednet.mc
Wed Mar 1 19:07:11 UTC 2006

Hello ...

I'm now using Bind 9.3.2 on my primay and secondary DNS server (both are
jailed). The're both working properly. But when I'm doing some update on
a zone (with modification of the serial number and restart of Bind with
/etc/rc.d/rc.bind restart) the update is not automatic on the secondary.
Furthermore the update is not done even if I restart Bind on the
secondary. The only way to force the update is to remove the .db file on
the secondary and restart the Bind service.
Any idea ?
Thanks for your help ...

Michel

Ps : sorry if this mail reach the list twice ...