named SUDDENLY stopped working

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Mar 2 02:43:58 UTC 2006

> on my master DNS server, rndc suddenly (March 1 2006) stopped working,
> giving my the error "rndc: connect failed: timed out" this is after
> MONTHS of being up, years after creation of the bind setup with the
> keys and everything.

	There error indicates that the TCP connection failed.  Either
	named is nolonger listening or the accept queue is full or
	a firewall in blocking the connection or kernel resources
	are exchausted or ...

> machine running sunOS 5.8, BIND 9.2.2rc1

	Upgrade.  BIND 9.2.2 is well past its "use by" date.

	Also we don't expect people to keep running release candidates
	after the final release.  We do not look at release candidates
	when looking for which versions are vulnerable to a security
	issue.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC