splitting reverse-zone-file

Holger Honert holger.honert at signal-iduna.org
Mon Mar 6 14:10:51 UTC 2006

Hi all,

actually we have a reverse zone-file (class B) such as
19.172.in-addr.arpa which contains multiple (ca. 24) class C-networks.
Everything is working fine with ms 2003 and 2k Server in an Active
Directory environment but the registration of the famous [;-)] ILO
(inside light out) boards do fail.

They want to add their PTR-Records in the /24 domain and no where else,
so they get NOT AUTH.

Nevertheless our sysadmins requested me to split the domains in /24 zones.

So my question is how to split the zone? Has someone developed a script
(perl or shell) to do so? Is there maybe an alternative way?

Thx in advance

Holger