Feature Request (zone transfer deferred by quota)

Sebastian E. Castro Avila secastro at nic.cl
Wed Mar 8 21:27:00 UTC 2006

Hi:

Debugging a heavy used secondary nameserver based on BIND (almost 30.000
zones), I've found a detail that may be can be improved.

The error message "zone transfer deferred by quota" is triggered either
"transfers-in" is reached or "transfers-per-ns" is reached. I've spent a
couple of hours changing the number of "transfers-in" to get rid of the
message, when I realized the problem was "transfer-per-ns" number.

Is it possible to change the error message based on the limit reached?
(something like "deferred by quota per server")?

If this it isn't just ask but provide a patch, can I prepare the patch and
submit it for approval?

Best Regards
Sebastian E. Castro Avila             sebastian at nic.cl
Administrador de DNS, NIC Chile

Agustinas 1357 Piso 4
Santiago, Chile Cod. Postal 6500587
Phone: +56-2-9407705                  Fax  : +56-2-9407701