Bind 9 ext and int zone

Nick Allum Nick.Allum at rci.rogers.com
Thu Mar 9 17:22:26 UTC 2006

So I make myself authorative for the subdomain only and the root domain
will be looked up externally?

Example

Yellow.com is an external domain but we setup the subdomain
dev.yellow.com internally. So are are you saying that when a look up is
made for dev.yellow.com it will find it internally first and that if
they look up say www.yellow.com it will know to go externally right
away.