Resolve Error

funkyjunky28 at gmail.com funkyjunky28 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 23:57:06 UTC 2006

Khaled,
Couldn't get address for your DNS server?
Are you allowing recursive lookups for that subnet (or DNS 3 for that
matter)?
May try resolving an address that is on your DNS server first (nslookup
without any options---or "dig @{IP of DNS3} -x {IP of DNS3 or other DNS
server}.  Then work your way to the outside world.  Check acl's in
named.conf.  Check your named.log, default.log and syslog for clues.
Otherwise, please submit logs and maybe we can get a better idea of
what's going on.

One more thing to suggest:  I would highly recommend using "dig"
instead of "nslookup".  Nslookup is buggy and without options can
assume a lot, yet tell you very little.
Good luck!