dns usage?

Sebastian E. Castro Avila secastro at nic.cl
Mon May 8 18:04:36 UTC 2006

On Mon, 08 May 2006 08:59:54 -0400, Andersen <andersen_800 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> How many users does DNS serve per day? Is there any statistics of this
> sort? Any references, any numbers?

You question is quite "wide" and unspecific.
That depends on what you define as "user" (for example, different source
address?). In that case, a "big cache" will be seen as "one user" but
actually it is serving an undetermined number of "real" users.

I'm currently gathering some specific statistics on my DNS servers
(authoritative for a ccTLD) and I have some general numbers about them.

Kind Regards
Sebastian E. Castro Avila             sebastian at nic.cl