How to increas debug-logging to see answers?

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Tue May 16 10:11:02 UTC 2006

Hi,

is there a way to increase the logging of Bind 9.3.2 so that you can see in
the logfile what answer the named has sent to a query?

I set the category "queries" to debug-level 9, but I only see the incoming
query. I also set the category "client" to debug-level 9, but there I only
that the named is answering, not what he is answering.

The reason for my question ist, that sometime the named is getting a query
(for a name he is authorative for) and do not send an answer to the query.
(which I saw with tcpdump: The quuery is incoming, but no answer is outgoing
and in the named-logfile the query is noted and no errormessage) So I will
determine where the problem occurs exactly by increasing the level of the
logmessages of named.

What debug-level I have to use in order to see what the named is answering
to a query?

Thank you,
Tom.

--
Mobile Internet - E-Mail und Internet immer und überall!
GMX zum Mitnehmen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/pocketweb