query-source for multiple interfaces

Sam Wilson Sam.Wilson at ed.ac.uk
Wed May 17 11:10:49 UTC 2006

Looking at the ARM the "query-source" option seems to be able to specify
only one address.  We are investigating anycast DNS on multihomed
servers.  It looks as though I can't use "query-source" to allow queries
to be sent from any address except the multicast address.  Is this true
and is there any obvious workaround?  I've already thought of adding a
second local /32 address that's specific to the box and sourcing the
queries from there, but that's getting rather messy.

Sam Wilson                             one of hostmaster at ed.ac.uk
Infrastructure Services Division
Computing Services, The University of Edinburgh
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK