Using views with multiple domains

jonr at destar.net jonr at destar.net
Wed May 31 16:07:29 UTC 2006

Quoting base60 <nobody at whitehouse.com>:

> jonr at destar.net wrote:
> > I have setup bind-9.3.1 to use views and I have two domains that I resolve
> for,
> > domain1.com and domain2.net. Before I used views everything worked fine all
> > names resolved to my IP address. Since I started using views the domain I
> host
> > no longer resolves to my IP.

> Suggestion: describe what you're trying to accomplish with the views.

I am trying to serve up two different views of my domain. An internal view that
I can put HWINFO and TXT records that can only be seen by the internal network.
The external view would not have these records visible to the outside world.
This way I can query a machine as long as I am on the local network and know
what hardware, OS, software etc,etc.

Can multiple domains be put into one 'view' or do I need to have a view for each
domain?

Thanks again for the help,

Jon