BIND rpm's for rh9?

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Thu Nov 2 22:48:09 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:33:32 -0800, Gushi wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I'm interested in running the latest BIND so I can try doing all those
>> neat DNSSEC things, but I'm using an old redhat 9 machine, with a VERY
>> custom kernel and some VERY odd hardware.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a generic location to get rpms which will work (or
>> failing that, srpms which I can compile myself).  I'm mainly interested in
>> maintaining my dependencies and such, as opposed to just building bind
>> from scratch (which I've got right now, but it's a few versions old, and
>> it bothers me for some reason, since none of the file paths match where
>> redhat seems to think they should be).
>
> See http://fedoralegacy.org/ which offers some support, downloads et
> cetera

No, it doesn't.  The last bind there is bind-9.2.1-16 (in redhat's classic
"use our own version number scheme so nobody knows which patchlevel it's
actually at).  And that's the version in the OS folder.

I may try martin's advice.

-Dan

--

"SOY BOMB!"

-The Chest of the nameless streaker of the 1998 Grammy Awards' Bob Dylan
Performance.