How to setup a virtual DNS network

Sun Zongjun-E5739C E5739C at motorola.com
Mon Nov 6 04:03:42 UTC 2006

Hi, all

Currently I am using FC6 which runs bind 9.3.2. I want to setup a
virtual network without connecting to internet. There are two computer
in my local network. One is DNS server running FC6, second serves as WWW
server and FTP server.

Now I set my domain name to mot.com, my nameserver's host name is
ipv6.mot.com

Here is my name.conf

{
	query-source port 53;
	query-source-v6  port 53;
	directory "/var/named"
};

view "internal"
{
	match-clients 	{ localnets; };
	match-destinations 	{ localnets; }
	recursion  yes;
	zone "mot.com" {
		type master;
		file "mot.com.db";
	};
};

Here is my mot.com.db

$TTL 3D
@   IN SOA ipv6.mot.com. Root.ipv6.mot.com. (
	1
	8H
	2H
	4W
	1D)

	IN NS ipv6.mot.com.
ipv6.mot.com.      IN      A 192.168.0.50
Test.mot.com.       IN     A  192.168.0.100

When I use host ipv6.mot.com it reports Host ipv6.mot.com not found.

I have used FC3 to setup a DNS network without connecting to outside
internet. It worked fine. Why is it so diffiecult to set up DNS in FC6?

Could you give a sample setup configurations ?

Thanks
Best Regards
Zongjun