FC6 DNS Simple Setup help

Mark Koi mark.koi at nextwavesys.com
Wed Nov 15 02:14:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

We have a FC6 Firewall.  We have an internal/external network.  The
ns/fw are one in the same for now and perform DNAT.  DNS and bind
requires intensive experience, but we setup using view.  Reverse lookup
doesn't work.  What exactly do we need to add to named.conf to get
reverse lookup to work on internal network.  Also, what would the files
that reverse lookup reference exactly look like??  Can someone with
intensive experience provide any other information to lead us down the
right path in proper setup.  Thanks - Mark.

named.conf
acl internals {
        127.0.0.1;
        192.168.1.0/24;
};

options {
        directory "/var/named";
        dump-file "/var/named/data/cache_dump.db";
        statistics-file "/var/named/data/named_stats.txt";
        version "0";
};

controls {
        inet 127.0.0.1 allow { localhost; }