Win32 Newbie Getting Started Help

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Mon Oct 2 21:21:28 UTC 2006

At 03:16 PM 10/2/2006, Steve.Craft at sungard.com wrote:

>I am looking to implement the latest version of BIND on Win32 with DLZ
>support. After quite a few Google-based (and
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bind-users) searches, I have not seen a
>pre-built "setup.exe" anywhere. Where is the best place to find such a
>thing? I understand that compiling BIND on Windows is not the easiest/most
>straightforward thing, so any help is appreciated.

The first version of BIND to include native DLZ support is 9.4.0
which is still in beta. A pre-built package for Win32 can be found on
ISC's Web site: http://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.4.0b2/BIND9.4.0b2.zip

More information can be found here: http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/bind9.4-beta.php

I don't know personally how or if DLZ support works on Win32 or if
there are any differences than the versions running on *nix... so
you'd probably want to do some extensive testing and perhaps at least
wait for the release version before using it in production. I'm sure
ISC would appreciate any testing on the current beta though.

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of
fear" -- Mark Twain