Bind 9.1 As SOA with Windows 2003 DNS Server

Sten Carlsen stenc at s-carlsen.dk
Tue Oct 10 22:02:24 UTC 2006

I use the same domain name both inside and outside. I use 2 views, one
for outside and one for inside; that equals roughly two independent
servers. My internal view has recursion enabled the external has it
disabled. All internal IPs are in the 192.168.x.x range and all external
IPs are routable.

I have never seen a glitch with this setup, nothing is leaked between
internal and external.

I can't believe that your basic problem is that you use the same domain
for internal and external use; I do that to support that mail etc. has
only one name to look up. That name is the same internally and
externally, but it gets a different IP depending on my physical location
when I do the lookup.

--
Best regards

Sten Carlsen