Root server cannot be a forwarder?

April xiaoxia2005a at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 21 03:05:14 UTC 2006

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 04:43:55AM -0700,
>  April <xiaoxia2005a at yahoo.com> wrote
>  a message of 18 lines which said:
>
> > I'm not talking about the Roots for the Internet, but a namespace in
> > general.
>
> I do not recognize DNS vocabulary and ontology. On a BIND mailing
> list, using the DNS terminology seems a good start :-)

Ever built a DNS server and set up your own namespace at home, or
anywhere?  you can use either BIND, or Windows DNS, or some other DNS
implementation.  Then you can set a root, and top level domains like
fruit. and vegetable. and then second level domains, apple.fruit.,
orange.fruit., eggplant.vegetable., tomato.vegetable., etc.