How do i get my internal linux dns to retrieve information from an external dns

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Wed Oct 25 04:28:15 UTC 2006

In article <ehlkd6$1pot$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 "Lord Kelvan" <the_iddiot at hotmail.com> wrote:

> 192.168.2.77 is the windows box on the "External network" that is
> unable to send its dns information to the internal DNS on the
> 192.168.78.x network behind the firewall 192.168.2.80
>
> and this mindless chatter bout my crap spelling is not helping me solve
> this problem sorry to say ...

It wasn't intended to be mindless.  Since you obviously didn't
cut-and-paste the error message, we couldn't be sure that you even got
the words right.

Anyway, a "Permission error" means a problem with file permissions, and
has nothing to do with the network.  If you're not running named as
root, you need to ensure that the userid you're running as has access to
all the secondary zone files it needs to write.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA