Multiple CNAMEs - howto?

Sat Oct 28 11:59:39 UTC 2006

Incoming messages is not a problem - they *should* come to uk1
primarily, and only to uk2 or 3 if the previous are unavailable.

For that I have the setup:

$ORIGIN mailnetwork.co.uk.
    IN MX 10 uk1
    IN MX 20 uk2
    IN MX 30 uk3

It's for outgoing messages so users can either connect to
exchange.mailnetwork.co.uk (which will in effect be a round-robin for
all 3 servers), or directly to uk1, 2 or 3.
I believe mail clients use the A records for SMTP?

Andy.