Configuration for a very high traffic DNS server

Ramprasad ram at
Mon Sep 11 14:31:08 UTC 2006

Thanks for the info
Do root servers run BIND. Is bind really suited for that kind of
traffic ?

    Also I found that using dig on command line produces different
results than perl Net::DNS ( which spamassassins internally uses).

   Recently I tried using DJBDNS on the servers , the dig responses were
much better than with bind but performance of SA deteriorated. Infact
mail-delays became so high that I was pulled for having experimented
with live servers
   Can someone tell me why NS queries from Net::DNS are different from
dig on command line