dns update problem

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Sep 12 23:10:47 UTC 2006

> Does it behave the same on bind 9.3.2-p1 (the current stable)?
>
> ale.cavalli at gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> > we have a problem using nsupdate.
> > We have 2 different views configured in named.conf
> > one for internal use, the other for the external queries.
> > When we update one zone, e.g. adding one host with nsupdate, the
> > internal view works immediately, while the external one doesn't.
> > We need to restart the named process to make it work.
> > It's like if the daemon doesn't read the journal for the external view.
> > When we restart named, the zone file is updated with new serial n. and
> > everything works.
> >
> > Bind version is bind-9.2.4-2
> >
> > Any suggestion?
> >
> > thank you
> > cheers
> > Alessandro
> >

> > !DSPAM:37,4506f0d9103641712820209!

	The original poster is most probably sharing the master file
	between views.   This is not intended to work when UPDATE is
	used.

	Use two different files and teach nsupdate to update both of
	them.  In BIND 9.3 you can do this by using different TSIGs
	on each update.

	Mark
--
ISC Training!  October 16-20, 2006, in the San Francisco Bay Area,
covering topics from DNS to DHCP.  Email training at isc.org.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org