Need a free dns server for my home pc

aad ali.darab at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 18:09:26 UTC 2006

Mansoorm,

On 9/12/06, base60 <nobody at whitehouse.com> wrote:
> mansoorm wrote:
> > HI there
> > Because of technical problems, my ISP's DNS servers go down frequently,
> > so I'm looking for a free DNS server to browse the web when these DNS
> > servers are unavailable.
>
> 213.176.12.245
>
> Your "home PC" appears to be the government of Iran...

I'm not sure why the result of a whois query is relevant to the
question, but setting up and running BIND should work well for you.
Most popular distros of Linux should have BIND included, and it's
relatively simple to setup a DNS server using an old/extra PC you have
around the house.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=bind+caching-nameserver