possible interoperability issue with Win2K3 name-server

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Wed Sep 20 14:01:24 UTC 2006

Kevin Darcy <kcd at daimlerchrysler.com> wrote in response to a posting:

>Likelihood of a patch: hahaha. It took them -- what? -- 3 years to
>finally fix the "inconsistent serial numbers" problem for AD-integrated
>zones. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to fix this latest
>problem.

Did MS fix this problem?  How?  As I have posted previously, I can not
construct any serial number algorithm that works in a multi-master
scenario.  I have not kept up with the documentation on the various
patches to the MS dns.exe because 1) we are not experiencing any
problems, and 2) I have found no mechanism to search the Microsoft
web site to extract only and all dns.exe-related patch documentation.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov