Secondary DNS Server

Pilu Pilu at nospam.com
Mon Sep 25 13:49:40 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am currently upgrading my Bind DNS Server version 4.1 to 9.3 ...

My secondary DNS server is hosted by our internet providers and i would
like to be sure that zone-transfers will work perfectly after the migration.

On my named.conf file, i have defined this:

key "rndc-key" { algorithm hmac-md5; secret "jdhfjddf@@{#\{#\"; };

controls {
     inet 127.0.0.1 allow { any; } keys { "rndc-key"; };
};

acl "secondary_servers" {
	194.98.65.69;
	194.98.65.169;
	192.76.144.17;
	194.128.171.100;
};

options {

	check-names master fail;
	check-names response ignore;
	check-names slave warn;
	directory "e:\named\zones";
	allow-transfer {"secondary_servers"; };

	query-source address * port 53;
};

In my zone files, i have defined secondary server ip as NS

Can you please confirm that this configuration is correct?

Thank you in advance

Cheers

Pilu