File System Permissions for Windows Service Account

Olaf Lautenschlaeger ol+bind-users at
Tue Sep 26 09:05:36 UTC 2006

On Monday, September 25, 2006 8:41 PM [GMT+1=CET],
Will <DELETE_westes at> wrote:

> I'm liking most of this, but what is the reasoning for this
> permission:
>      - CREATOR-OWNER: special: full rights for sub-folders and files

Merely an residue from windows defaults.
Maybe the name (it's one of those hard-coded groups) has to go
vice-versa in english windows versions. In german, it's ERSTELLER-

It shall inhibit bad boy's code from fiddling with the base folder itself.