build failed on OSX 10.4.10 (ppc)

Bill Larson wllarso at swcp.com
Fri Aug 10 13:15:48 UTC 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at 1:18 PM, Dave Stewart wrote:

> Hi folks!
> I've been upgrading BIND on both my internal servers to 9.4.1-P1. On
> my first machine (AIX) I had no issues building it whatsoever, but on
> my second machine (a Mac Mini running OSX 10.4.10 on a 1.42GHz PPC
> G4) I'm getting a 1 exit status returned from ld when trying to build
> it. I've included some snippets below (more details available if it
> will help):

Many good descriptions about why this is occuring have been posted
already.  But to find an answer to your problem, take a look at my
message at http://marc.info/?l=bind-users&m=118135629800896&w=2.
This describes how to get around your problem.  It isn't trivial, no
"./configure && make", but not difficult either.

The BIND-USERS archive is a tremendous resource.  Use it.

Bill Larson