Convert source file to rpm package

Tony Earnshaw tonni at hetnet.nl
Tue Aug 14 09:43:57 UTC 2007

Aggarwal Vivek-Q4997C skrev, on 14-08-2007 07:24:

> Iv downloaded the source file of bind-9.4.1.tar.gz from isc site

Don't, use 9.4.1-P1

> How can I make it work, do I need to convert to rpm package?
>
> How can I convert this to rpm package.

That's an awful lot of work, take you weeks. Adam TKac has already done
it for you.

> Should I first delete the older version

Well, I would - but simply upgrading if you're using rpms is sufficient.
  Leave the files in /var/named (if you're  using Red Hat or Fedora).

> Please help me in the matter

Depending on your Red Hat version, you can grab a 9.4.1-P1 source rpm
(srpm) at ftp://ipd50aa34e.speed.planet.nl in /pub/FedoraFC6rpms/SRPMS
and rebuild it on most Red Hat and Fedora systems. I've built it - and
it works - on FC6 and RHL5 i386 and x86_64 systems. Thank Adam Tkac for
the spec file :)

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw