Strange BIND 9.4.1-P1 problem

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 09:52:30 UTC 2007

Tony Earnshaw napsal(a):
> Fr34k skrev, on 13-08-2007 18:06:
>
> [...]
>

>>   We are currently at 9.4.1 and looking to upgrade to 9.4.1-P1 due to the recent vulnerabilities reported.
>>
>>   Should we wait for P2, for example, or is this issue limited to something which can be worked around, or....
>>
>>   Any assistance appreciated.
>>

> I suspect it might also help to:
>
> 1: Report which OS and version you are running bind on. For example,
> bind 9.4.1-P1 running in production as external caching and
> authoritative for 5 internal zones on  2 Red Hat RHL5 i386 and x86_64
> servers, plus ditto FC6 i386 test machine is utterly stable;

If you aren't using vanilla BIND (compiled directly from ISC) better
should be report bug to your OS vendor which serve your BIND. Btw I
can't believe that change from 9.4.1 to 9.4.1P1 could cause any problem.
You could look into 9.4.1 -> 9.4.1P1 diff (really clear diff) and you
will see what's going about ;)

Adam