From RHEL to CentOS BIND 9

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Wed Dec 5 14:41:19 UTC 2007

> FAQ. http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/FAQ.php

Thanks but I didn't find my solution there which is why I asked here.

Anyhow, I do see yet another off behavior. My named.pid file is running as a
linked file under /var/run/named.pid linked to
/var/named/chroot/var/run/named/named.pid.

However, in /var/run, named will not even start unless I have a directory
called named. Without the directory, named doesn't start. With it, it starts
and it automatically sets up the link.

Stranger still, I can't set the path. In my named.conf, I actually have it set
to /var/run/named/named.pid and it seems to be ignored.

What's going on?