From RHEL to CentOS BIND 9

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Wed Dec 5 15:07:05 UTC 2007

> I'm not sure why you don't use standard distribution scripts and
> setup. If you really need this uncommon setup then compile BIND
> yourself from source. In other case try:

I'm not sure how I'm ending up with a non standard setup. It's not what I've
been wanting. I have no need for anything special, I just wanted to install a
new replacement primary to take over from my current primary.

> - $yum install bind
> - configure /etc/named.conf
> - add zones to /var/named{,slaves}
> - run restorecon on all modified files if you're using SELinux
> - if you want chroot install bind-chroot package
> - run $service named start

Maybe I should re-install and start from scratch since this seems to be
totally messed up now. Do you feel it might be best to start over before I do
the above?

Mike