testing bind-dlz

Agnello George agnello.dsouza at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 10:53:46 UTC 2007

> This is not BIND related but you will try something like:
>
> $ tcpdump -ni <interface> port <port>
>
> where interface is name of network interface which is used for
> communication between named <-> mysql and port is number of port where
> mysql listens. You could also use -w <filename> option and capture
> trafic to file which is viewable with ethereal or wireshark utilities.
>
> Adam

I did as per you instruction ( i am using a virtual private server {VPS} )  :

 [root at TestDNS i386]# tcpdump -ni venet0:0 port 53
tcpdump: WARNING: arptype 65535 not supported by libpcap - falling
back to cooked socket
tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
listening on venet0:0, link-type LINUX_SLL (Linux cooked), capture size 96 bytes

then i had to do a ctl+c as i was not getting any out put ....

is there a way to connect to the database on command line ?

--
Agnello . G .Dsouza
email : agnello.dsouza at gmail.com
           agnello at qualispace.com