problem updating slave zones

Lucien GENTIS lucien.gentis at lorraine.iufm.fr
Mon Feb 5 14:38:54 UTC 2007

Hi to all,

I wanted to update my old DNS servers running Bind 9.2.1 under Redhat 8
and for that, I installed Bind 9.2.4 under Debian Sarge Stable

So Master zones are still under Bind 9.2.2 - Redhat 8

When I started my new server, zone files were correctly transfered from
the Master;
but yet, when I update Master zones, slave zones are not updated, even
if I restart Bind on the slave server.

There are only 2 manners updating slave zones:
--- deleting zone files on the slave server and restart the slave server
--- launching command "rndc reload zone"

How could I configure Bind for slave Zones being automatically updated ?

Thanks

Lucien

--
Lucien GENTIS