9.4.0rc2 doesn't build on Linux-PPC

Elimar Riesebieter riesebie at lxtec.de
Mon Feb 5 15:46:49 UTC 2007

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 the mental interface of
Bill Larson told:

> On Feb 4, 2007, at 11:45 AM, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

> >forwarded 408701 bind-users at isc.org

> >thanks

> >This is a copy of Debian bug #408701

> Can you give the "configure" command that was used to get this?
> Did you build from the BIND sources or from some other package?
> What exactly are you doing?  We need more information.

Build from the orig tarball with:
./configure --prefix=/usr \
--mandir=\$${prefix}/share/man \
--infodir=\$${prefix}/share/info \
--sysconfdir=/etc/bind \
--localstatedir=/var/run/bind \
--enable-threads \
--with-libtool \
--enable-shared \
--enable-static \
--with-openssl=/usr \
--with-gnu-ld \
--enable-ipv6

Without --with-libtool I have the same :(

> Also, your directory appears to be
> "/source/bind9/bind9-9.4.0~rc2".  The problem may lie with the
> naming of this directory.  The tilde is a special character to the
> shell.  Although this may be fine, it may also cause problems.

Doesn't matter, else libtool would tell it. The build on i386 went
fine with the same. The ~ is a speciallity of labeling prereleases
in Debian ;)

Elimar

--
  We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        -- Linus Torvalds