nsupdate and round robin

Victor Hugo dos Santos listas.vhs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 11:51:06 UTC 2007

2007/1/2, Kevin Darcy <kcd at daimlerchrysler.com>:
> Victor Hugo dos Santos wrote:

[...]

> If what you're saying is you have a mixture of "static" entries and 1
> "dynamic" entry associated with a particular domain name, then the
> algorithm I'd follow would be:
> 1. do a lookup of the name and enumerate all of the addresses
> 2. identify the "dynamic" one through process of elimination (i.e. it's
> the only one not from the "static" list)

noo.. in the example is only one recorder.. but in the real life, are
very much !! :-(

mmmm.. ok.. other example:

look this records of  one zone:

www     60      IN      A       50.50.50.50
www     60      IN      A       100.100.100.100
www     60      IN      A       200.200.200.200
www     60      IN      A       222.222.222.222
www     60      IN      A       111.111.111.111

this five records is update for distintis clients/machines.. and the
"idea" is that each machine update your own record and not others.
now, supposing that your is one my clients/machines, how your know as
of the registries (in the example of above) it he is yours ???

remember that the IP address of clients/machines is dynamic and is
changed constantly.

they understand my problem now or no ???

very, very thanks

Victor Hugo dos Santos
Linux Counter #224399