BIND 9.3.3rc3 can't load the config?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 04:40:10 UTC 2007

On 1/25/07, ert weerr <sun1sol at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I'm struggling with the configuration of BIND 9.3.3rc3 on my Red Hat Linux host.
> However the config is pretty simple with a single domain and 3 hosts, the server doesn't want to start but spitting out the following errors to the screen...

Ok I think your files are mixed up somewhere. One thing is that you want to use

named-checkconf

on your /etc/named.conf NOT 'named-checkzone' as that is for zone
files (like example.db). An unknown RR type means that it is trying to
parse things like forwarder as a CNAME, A, PTR etc record and cant.

Cutting and pasting into email can remove items that arent visible..
so I have attached the data that seems to work with the FC6
named-checkzone and named-checkconf.