RR's

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jan 27 21:54:03 UTC 2007

In article <epggoe$ah7$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 "Fanny Matamoros" <fmatamoros at impsat.net.ec> wrote:

> Is it correct that a user with a zone delegated  request an A RRset ?
> Example
>

> movistar.com.ec.                172800 IN NS    dns1uio.cyberweb.net.ec.
>
> movistar.com.ec.                172800 IN NS    dns2gye.cyberweb.net.ec.
>

> And request:
>
> dnsmoviles.movistar.com.ec.     172800 IN A     200.24.209.126
>

> because secundaries servers do not transfer this A RRset, in what RFC can
> read it ?

I'm having trouble understanding your English.

Secondary servers only transfer one zone.  When you delegate a
subdomain, you create a zone boundary, so none of the records in the
subdomain are transferred as part of this, except for the delegation
records and glue records.  This should be explained in the original DNS
RFC's, 1034 and 1035.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA