prefix length problems

Dana Holland dana.holland at navarrocollege.edu
Tue Jan 30 15:09:07 UTC 2007

I thought I had my DNS issues corrected, but now I'm seeing a different
problem.  I'm seeing the following in my logs on the DNS server:

Jan 30 08:58:48 dns named[19714]: prefix length for ::1 is unknown
(assume 128)

There are a lot of these messages.  Email stopped going out again - this
time for all domains, not just the few I mentioned yesterday.

This is version 9.3.4 of Bind, and it's running on an AIX 5.2 box.

I can't find much on google about this error message - I did see one
reference to it happening on an AIX box, but not real information on how
to correct the problem.