Bind dual zones?

Tim Hibbard hibbard at research.ohiou.edu
Fri Jul 27 14:09:08 UTC 2007

Donny Jekels wrote:
> Is the records the same in both zone files?
> i.e.
> 	do you have the same A, C-NAME, PTR records in both zone files

I do not know for sure the answer to this since I do not administer the
DNS.  I can only assume that
the records are the same in both zones.  This is what is creating the
problems of dual entry for
DNS to get ohio.edu and ohiou.edu.  It would be great if we could
somehow control one zone to do both.  One entry ....

--

** To err is human--and to blame it on a computer is even more so.

Tim Hibbard
Senior Software Engineer
Vice President For Research
Ohio University