query cache and BIND 9.4.1-P1

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Fri Jul 27 18:34:52 UTC 2007

Starting in 9.4, the following have become the defaults:

allow-query-cache { localhost; localnets; };
allow-recursion { localhost; localnets; };

Note that, starting in the most recent version, these two are linked
by default - you can set one, and if you don't set the other, the
other will be set to match. So all you need to do is:

allow-recursion { trusted-nets; };

This assumes you have defined a list of trusted networks as an ACL.
Otherwise, replace "trusted-nets" with the actual subnet(s) you
intend to allow recursion for.

Chris Buxton
Men & Mice