Installation problem on Windows XP

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Wed Jun 6 19:46:35 UTC 2007

You need to install BIND using an account with administrative privileges
but specify a non privileged account for it to run under. They are two
different things. Login to the workstation with an account that you are
sure has rights to install software. It sounds like the install program
cannot create the necessary keys in the registry for the service.

--

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)940-6100
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear"
-- Mark Twain