max-journal-size does not truncate or delete the journal

Arul Murugan arulhp at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 09:21:10 UTC 2007

Hi Kalyan,
          Journal file is one which is created by bind sever , when first
dynamic update happen. max-journal-size is used to limit the Journal file
size. but it doesn't mean that it has to be removed.

according to bind 9 manual

*max-journal-size *Sets a maximum size for each journal file (see Section
4.2.1). When the journal file

approaches the specified size, some of the oldest transactions in the
journal will be automatically

removed. The default is unlimited.

the oldest transactions from Journal file is removed automatically , but
file is not removed.

Regards,

Arul

Bangalore