differences between platforms?

aklist_bind at enigmedia.com aklist_bind at enigmedia.com
Wed Jun 13 19:46:09 UTC 2007

Hi All: I've been running BIND for a number of years on linux and freebsd
platforms.

I recently had a freebsd server drive die, and just for fun, I installed
9.4.1 on a Windows 2003 R2 server and switched NS traffic over to it. Both
servers were NAT/PAT'd behind a firewall. I followed the basic ARM docs in
configuring the Windows server.

The transition wasn't particularly difficult (surprise!), and I pretty much
replicated my named.conf over and everything is working.

Are there any real-world issues or gotchas that I need to be aware of with
the Windows version of 9.4.1? Or any particular security issues I need to be
aware between the two platforms?

TIA, AK