BIND 9.5.0a5 is now available.

Clenna Lumina savagebeaste at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 18:07:56 UTC 2007

Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> Mark Andrews skrev, on 19-06-2007 01:32:
>
>> BIND 9.5.0a5 is a alpha release for BIND 9.5.0.
>
> Alas, doesn't build as an SRPM out of the box or with my Neanderthal
> intelligence on Red Hat FC6 with Red Hat's FC6 srpm spec and my ad lib
> spec substitutions.
>
> *NO* (99.9%) non-standard software on my Red Hat/CentOS rigs gets
> installed without being an rpm. I DID have many years of Solaris and
> SCO plus Red Hat "DIY" experience with installing non-packaged stuff;
> never again.
>
> Guess I'll have to wait for an FC8 or FC7-testing spec.

Heres a question: Why does the world need so many FC versions? I mean
there seems to be a new version of the FC os ever friggen month, who is
actually keeping up with that? Why can't they have one version for a
while and, say, have updates containing the newer stuff, like they used
to in the good pre FC RedHat days :)

--
CL