BIND 9.5.0a5 is now available.

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Fri Jun 22 20:14:21 UTC 2007

On 22 Jun 2007, at 18:43, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

> Alas, doesn't build as an SRPM out of the box or with my Neanderthal
> intelligence on Red Hat FC6 with Red Hat's FC6 srpm spec and my ad lib
> spec substitutions.
>
> *NO* (99.9%) non-standard software on my Red Hat/CentOS rigs gets
> installed without being an rpm. I DID have many years of Solaris and
> SCO plus Red Hat "DIY" experience with installing non-packaged stuff;
> never again.

	Your choice, or course.

	I prefer to regard the regular tar/configure/make/make install
	method as the "standard", especially for critical components,
	and avoid all that the (to me) relatively opaque RPM system
	imposes.

	Works for me. YMMV.

	Best regards,

	Niall O'Reilly
	University College Dublin IT Services

	PGP key ID: AE995ED9 (see www.pgp.net)
	Fingerprint: 23DC C6DE 8874 2432 2BE0 3905 7987 E48D AE99 5ED9