WIndows DNS (master) -> BIND (slave)

Chris Thompson cet1 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 22 20:46:09 UTC 2007

Just to stir things up a bit more, maybe I should remind everyone of

1434.   [bug]           "rndc reconfig" failed to initiate the initial
                        zone transfer of new slave zones.

fixed in 9.2.3. What the description there doesn't say is that before
the fix BIND would initiate the zone transfer for a slave zone newly
appeared in the configuration if and only if the zone file already
existed. (I believe the contents of the file didn't matter.)

Ancient history, maybe, but effects like that get into the folklore,
usually in some garbled form.

--
Chris Thompson
Email: cet1 at cam.ac.uk