CNAME setup issue

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Mon Jun 25 22:20:11 UTC 2007

You're right, you can't have the name of the zone (the primary domain
location, to use your words) be a CNAME alias.

Use one or more A records (or other records, such as an MX record)
instead. Or set up a web server that handles "http://domain2.com/xyz"
and redirects it to "http://www.domain2.com/xyz", which is an alias
of the desired outside name.

Chris Buxton