allow query / allow recursion confusion

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Tue Jun 26 08:20:29 UTC 2007

On 25 Jun 2007, at 17:32, Clenna Lumina wrote:

> Apparently it does (see above.) I've proven it already.

	Ehhm, no. 8-)

	Your suggested proof seems to depend on an unstated assumption
	that there is only one cache, shared by both views.

	Formally, neglecting to state this assumption makes your proof
	invalid.  Of course, it soesn't follow that your conclusion is
	false.

	IIRC (and it's a while since I've done the reading) each view
	uses a separate cache.  If so, then your conclusion is actually
	false.

	Best regards,

	Niall O'Reilly
	University College Dublin IT Services

	PGP key ID: AE995ED9 (see www.pgp.net)
	Fingerprint: 23DC C6DE 8874 2432 2BE0 3905 7987 E48D AE99 5ED9