bind9 is taking little Breaks for Some Reason. Case Closed.

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Thu Jun 28 13:37:00 UTC 2007

This is Martin McCormick again. My thanks to all who provided
help. The gigantic journal file definitely caused the problem
and the max-journal-size directive is going to keep it from
happening again. We generally have about 400,000 DHCP events
each day from our site and many thousands of those events are
dynamic DNS updates. Before the fix, we were loosing around
5,000 to 7,000 per day. After removing the large journal files,
we had one lone update failure in 24 hours, why, I don't know,
but we can live with that.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer